Saturday, October 13, 2018

The Chipmunk Adventure (1987), 5

G | 1h 17min | Animation , Adventure , Comedy | 22 May 1987
The Chipmunks compete with the Chipettes in a round the world race.
Director: Janice Karman

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092752/
Watched online, ok print.

12 songs in the Soundtracks.

Clearly aimed at kids, hence my lack of interest.

I remember the original Alvin and the Chipmunks from my own childhood, but not fondly. The high-pitched voices are annoying, and only made me wonder how slowly the actors had to speak to be intelligible when sped-up.

I suppose if viewed through a child's eyes, having these 6 chipmunk children traveling the world in 2 hot-air balloons and defeating smugglers could be very empowering. As an adult, it's beyond my suspension of disbelief boundaries, since navigating that vehicle is treacherous when you're expert, much less when you're untrained and under-sized. And how did they navigate?

All very irritating. But apparently beloved by 4.6k+ IMDb voters who average 7.2, with 27% 10's. <shudder>

distr. Goldwyn, dir. Karman; 5