Friday, October 26, 2018

Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey (1991), 5

PG | 1h 33min | Adventure , Comedy , Fantasy | 19 July 1991
A tyrant from the future creates evil android doubles of Bill and Ted and sends them back to eliminate the originals.
Director: Peter Hewitt
Stars: Keanu Reeves, Alex Winter, William Sadler.

Watched on AmazonPrime.

15 songs in the Soundtracks, only 1 perf'd by the boys (or any cast member), but we saw them playing at the beginning, probably not that song.

I didn't expect this to be better than the first, which I also gave 5. But I thought I'd try. I almost turned it off, but was too close to the end to revoke my license to rate it.

The Grim Reaper was the best character, played well by WS. Really silly that GR lost 5 different games to the boys. I've never played Battleship, but I'm curious how cheating is prevented/discouraged.

I was surprised that George Carlin was again used only at the beginning and end, especially since they showed him going on the journey.

No reason ever to watch this again. Really.

distr. Orion, dir. Hewitt; 5