Friday, October 19, 2018

Cherubini: Medea (1989), 6

Add a Plot »
Director: José Pavón
Antoni Ros-Marbà ... conductor
Stars: Montserrat Caballé, José Carreras, Yelena Obraztsova.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0277889/
Watched online, poor print. The scene in the "poster" was in the opera, but the image onscreen was no where near this clear.

Because the print was poor, and the subtitles were in Spanish, I didn't research the story. Long ago I've seen a dramatic production (non-opera) with Maria Callas, and remember very little.

In addition to being a blurry copy, the production was very dark, and MC is sometimes covered in a black veil.

The music did not attract my attention, nor did the vocals of any of the singers, but I didn't have the volume very high.

I think this was the last opera production collaboration of JC & MC listed on IMDb, but they're list of opera productions on video/film is far from complete.

Televisión Española (TVE), cond. Ros-Marba; 6