Monday, October 29, 2018

An American Tail: Fievel Goes West (1991), 6-

G | 1h 15min | Animation, Adventure, Family | 22 Nov 1991
A family of Emigre mice decide to move out to the west, unaware that they are falling into a trap perpetrated by a smooth talking cat.
Directors: Phil Nibbelink, Simon Wells
Stars: James Stewart, John Cleese, Amy Irving, Dom DeLuise.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101329/
Watched online, good print.

9 songs in the Soundtracks.

I rated the 1st film a 6. 

DD is very recognizable, and although the character is drawn to sort of physically resemble him, I find it distracting. Also, the humor he's given (or ad libs) is sometimes too modern for the setting. 

I slept between finishing the film and watching this, and don't really remember much except a lot of sweeping movement. I suppose it's easier to move animated characters than live actors, but that doesn't mean you should do it all (or a lot of) the time. To me it signals that you don't have enough plot/character, and are substituting "stunts".

The reason I'm sure I finished the film: I remember the last moments when Fievel shakes his white cowboy hat to become the blue cap given by his father in the prior film. I'd been wondering where that was.

Universal & more, dir. Nibbeling & Wells; 6-