Thursday, December 27, 2018

A Mighty Wind (2003), 7-

PG-13 | 1h 31min | Comedy, Music | 9 May 2003
Mockumentary captures the reunion of 1960s folk trio the Folksmen as they prepare for a show at The Town Hall to memorialize a recently deceased concert promoter.
Director: Christopher Guest
Writers: Christopher Guest, Eugene Levy
Stars: Christopher Guest, Eugene Levy, Michael McKean, Harry Shearer, Catherine O'Hara, Jane Lynch.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0310281/
Watched online, good print.

17 songs in the Soundtracks, most written by cast members.

Today this really tickled my funny bone. I'm not a folk music fan, but heard a lot of it in the 60s, so the music here is impressively folk-y. And I'm impressed by the musicianship and vocal talents of the cast. (Maybe I shouldn't be: one of the credits is "voice casting", and the Soundtracks page lists the character name as the performer.)

I'm giving this a minus because previously I rated this lower. But maybe I've seen enough doc'ys and musical biopics that I can appreciate this more now.

Rated 7.3 (24,049)

distr. Warner, dir. Guest; 7-