Sunday, December 23, 2018

8 Mile (2002), 5

R | 1h 50min | Drama, Music | 8 November 2002
A young rapper, struggling with every aspect of his life, wants to make it big but his friends and foes make this odyssey of rap harder than it may seem.
Director: Curtis Hanson
Stars: Eminem, Brittany Murphy, Kim Basinger, Mekhi Phifer.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0298203/
Watched online, ok print.

25 songs in the Soundtracks, only 2 by Eminem; don't know if his battle raps are included, probably not his non-battles.

I don't like violence, and I don't like rap, so this film had no chance to get a good rating from me.

The best I can say is the lead character shows a lot of persistence in the face of substantial adversity.

I don't think I need to write a lot to dissuade me from watching this again.

Rated 7.1 (222,417)

distr. Universal, dir. Hanson; 5