Wednesday, January 10, 2018

My Love Came Back (1940), 6+

Amelia is a gifted violinist who is in danger of quitting the Brissac Academy of Music. Julius arranges to have a scholarship given to her through his employee Tony so that Julius can ... 
1h 25min | Comedy, Drama, Music | 13 July 1940
Director: Curtis Bernhardt (as Kurt Bernhardt)
Stars: Olivia de Havilland, Jeffrey Lynn, Eddie Albert, Jane Wyman, Charles Winninger, Spring Byington, Grant Mitchell, S.Z. Sakall

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0032829/
Watched online, sound wildly out of sync, ok picture.

Good classical music, and well-adapted to swing/jazz (supposed) improvisation. 

The title confuses me still, and I paid pretty good attention to the film. Seems like it's screaming out to romance-seekers. But notice it's not even tagged with the Romance genre, and I agree. OdH (b. '16) plays a sincere young adult music student, and she falls in love, but late in the film. Her first love is music. Oh well, I watched it for the music, and I was not disappointed.

Warner, dir. Bernhardt; 6+