Friday, January 12, 2018

Angels Over Broadway (1940), 6 {nm}

A cuckolded embezzler on the verge of suicide is helped by a tout, an alcoholic playwright, and a pick-up girl to reimburse the money with a gambling sting.
1h 19min || 2 October 1940
Directors: Ben Hecht, Lee Garmes (co-director)
Stars: Douglas Fairbanks Jr., Rita Hayworth, Thomas Mitchell, John Qualen

Genres: Adventure | Comedy | Crime | Drama | Music
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0032209/
Watched slightly out of sequence to fit the amount of time I had.

NOT a music movie! Submitted deletion to IMDb. I also didn't see any comedy, but I'll let that rest.

Worth watching for RH; her hairline looks slightly higher, but it's not parted in the middle anymore.

I hadn't run into Ben Hecht directing before (he also wrote and produced this one.) He has 7 director credits; this is the 5th. None of the others are familiar titles.

This is fine for its niche, nothing special. Only the 4 top-billed were familiar faces to me. I had previously rated this 6 and concur today.

Columbia, dir. Hecht; 6