Wednesday, November 14, 2018

The Swan Princess (1994), 6-

G | 1h 30min | Animation , Comedy , Family | 18 Nov 1994
A power hungry sorcerer transforms a princess into a swan by day in this tale of everlasting love.
Writer/Director: Richard Rich
Stars: Jack Palance, Howard McGillin, Michelle Nicastro, John Cleese, Steven Wright.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111333/
Watched online, ok print.

9 songs in the Soundtracks.

This is probably a 5, but after running it several times, and falling asleep EVery time, I'm moving on.

I liked that the princess wanted the prince to declare his love for her, not her looks, but it lost my attention right after that.

At least 1 of the musical numbers was done as a 40's-style staircase razzle-dazzle, but this is animation, so I don't care.

Rated 6.5 by 20k+ IMDb voters, the reviews I read referred to good plot and animation, and nostalgia from when they watched it as toddlers. Apparently this has the Swan Lake plot without the music or the dancing, but ballets don't have much plot, so that doesn't speak well to me.

distr. New Line Cinema, dir. Rich; 6-