Thursday, November 8, 2018

The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993), 6-

PG | 1h 16min | Animation , Family , Fantasy | 29 October 1993
Jack Skellington, king of Halloween Town, discovers Christmas Town, but his attempts to bring Christmas to his home causes confusion.
Director: Henry Selick
Stars: Danny Elfman, Chris Sarandon, Catherine O'Hara.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107688/
Watched online, good print.

14 songs in the Soundtracks, 11 by Danny Elfman (only 2 of those do not have him as at least one of the performers); the other 3 are Xmas standards.

I should probably give this a 5, but I dozed off and am unwilling to watch again.

I know I've tried to watch this in the past because I liked Oingo Boingo, but this is not OB-type music. It's Halloween-ish music, and I just don't care for/about Halloween. Nor am I such a fan of Xmas that I care about those characters. So Halloween-dedicated characters trying to understand the foreign concepts of Xmas, and jeopardizing it when as they do, just doesn't do a thing for me.

Touchstone & more, dir. Selick; 6-