Friday, September 14, 2018

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (1977), 5+

G | 1h 14min | Animation, Comedy, Family | 11 March 1977
A collection of animated shorts based on the stories and characters by A. A. Milne.
Directors: John Lounsbery, Wolfgang Reitherman
Stars: Sebastian Cabot, John Fiedler, Sterling Holloway, Paul Winchell.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076363/
Watched online, excellent print.

10 songs in the Soundtracks by the Sherman brothers. It seemed like less. The songs really didn't stand out for me at all.

I remember PW for his TV kiddie show with Jerry Mahoney and Knucklehead Smiff; so much so that it distracts from Tigger.

I remember knowing someone whose favorite character was Eeyore, and based on this film, I cannot imagine why. He is very depressed and pessimistic. On the other hand, he did search for a new house for Owl, so he's not completely cynical and withheld. But I certainly was not drawn to him.

This is kiddie stuff, and I don't like it, but I don't dislike it so much that it deserves a 5. Maybe I should, just to prevent time waste. Wow, this has an IMDb rating of 7.6 with 28k+ votes. Let me give it the 5.

Disney, dir. Lounsbery & Reitherman; 5+