Wednesday, April 25, 2018

The One Man Jury (1978), 5 {nm}

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078032/
Watched online, double speed, just to see if I could spot a near-70 y.o. "plainclothes detective", because Alfred T. Williams currently has 2 credits that belong to Al Williams, one of the founding members of The Four Step Brothers, namely Here Come the Girls ('53) and That's My Gal ('47). I'm going to submit edits for those 2 films.

I did NOT see a near-70 detective. I saw a 40ish black detective; doubt that even a tapper would look that young near 70.

This film is exactly what you'd expect of a '78 knock-off of Death Wish ('74), starring Jack Palance with a cast of TV actors and production values to match. The only good news (spoiler): the vigilante gets killed too.

The other interesting aspect: got to watch Christopher Mitchum (b. '43), son of Robert Mitchum. He definitely resembles his father (perhaps even more handsome?), and has some of his head/eye movements too. Nature vs. Nurture? I vote for genetics.

indie prod., dir. Charles Martin; 5