Friday, April 13, 2018

Junction 88 (1947), 5

Small town lovers are aided by a visiting showman.
1h | Comedy, Music
Director: George P. Quigley
Stars: Bob Howard, Dewey 'Pigmeat' Markham, Noble Sissle, Augustus Smith.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0039522/
Watched online; horribly blurry print.

I think all but the closeups were blurry, and that it wasn't solely the quality of the print. I got the definite impression that they didn't pull focus properly and didn't look at dailies.

Music played during this film was almost all composed by Augustus Smith, who plays Pop.

To be honest, this didn't capture my attention at all. I couldn't describe anything other than it had lots of music performed by various artists. And it had that characteristic scratchy silence of early sound films, as many race films do.

I probably shouldn't even rate it, but since even the music didn't really draw my attention, I will. If I had really watched it, with the horrid blurring, the number might be lower. Wow, just saw the average rating of 7 from 13 people.

Century Theatrical Prod. Distrib. Sack Amusement, dir. Quigley; 5