Friday, August 24, 2018

The Sound of Music (1965), 9-

A woman leaves an Austrian convent to become a governess to the children of a Naval officer widower.
2h 52min | | 2 March 1965 | Color, ws
Director: Robert Wise
Stars: Julie Andrews, Christopher Plummer, Eleanor Parker, Richard Haydn.
Marc Breaux ... choreographer
Dee Dee Wood ... choreographer

Genres: Biography | Drama | Family | Musical | Romance
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059742/

Previously rated 9 on 2006-11-14. I'll add a minus today, but my fresh rating might be 8 instead.

This is too long, and I'd cut some of the Nazi-related scenes, and maybe a song or two.

Per IMDb, this was filmed 3'64-9'64. CP (b. '29) looks (and really is) too young to have a 16 y.o. daughter. He does act the part well, both stern and in love.

16 songs in the Soundtracks, including:

  • The Sound of Music 
  • Do-Re-Mi 
  • My Favorite Things 
  • I Have Confidence 
  • Maria 
  • Sixteen Going on Seventeen 
  • The Lonely Goatherd
  • Edelweiss 
  • So Long, Farewell 
  • Climb Ev'ry Mountain 

I didn't make it through either c.track, but the one with JA et al has many clips from the My Favorite Things doc'y on disc 2, so just watch that instead. Of 6 extra featurettes on the disc, I added 2 to IMDb today.

distr. Fox, dir. Wise; 9-