Wednesday, August 15, 2018

State Fair (1962), 6

Texan farmers the Frake family head for the Texas State Fair in Dallas. The parents are focused on winning the competitions for livestock and cooking. However, their restless daughter Margy and her brother Wayne meet attractive new love interests.
1h 58min | Musical, Romance | 9 March 1962 | Color, WS
Director: José Ferrer
Stars: Pat Boone, Bobby Darin, Pamela Tiffin, Ann-Margret,
Tom Ewell, Alice Faye.
Nick Castle ... choreographer

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056526/

10 songs in the Soundtracks.

I watched this on a small screen, and with the super wide and short image, that means this didn't catch my eye.

I remember the '45 antecedent pretty well, also contributing to why this didn't really capture my attention. On the other hand, I don't remember it so well that I could confirm or deny which songs appeared in both films.

I didn't catch how the film ended with AM & PB. I think PT & BD ended up together, and that she would have to go where he was. But did AM quit her job, or did they break up? Dunno.

I couldn't stay with PB on the commentary track. It's only him, and he didn't bring any scholarship to the portion I heard. When I realized he hadn't spoken for a while, I put the disc away.

Someday I'll give this a better viewing.

Again I'll say PB has a very nice voice. He sang a bit on the c.track, and still sounded very good.

Fox, dir. Ferrer; 6