Thursday, May 10, 2018

My Friend Irma (1949), 6-

A scatterbrained Brooklynite and her wheeler-dealer fiancé interfere in her level-headed roommate's love life.
Passed | 1h 43min | Comedy, Musical, Romance | 28 September 1949
Director: George Marshall
Stars: John Lund, Diana Lynn, Don DeFore, Marie Wilson, Dean Martin, Jerry Lewis

Watched online, mediocre print.

In my search for all musicals, the sequel to this film came up, as will most M&L films, so I thought I'd see the original first. It wasn't tagged Musical until I added it.

The low billing of the team is apt. DM is a love interest of DL, as is DD. Although JL tries to get DM a singing gig, it's not a big focus of the film. But there are 5 songs sung by DM in the Soundtracks.

I wonder if the poster is for a re-release, since the 3 actors shown are not the 3 top billed.

The film is ok, no more.

Paramount, dir. Marshall; 6-