Thursday, November 30, 2017

Thanks for Listening (1937), 4-

Homer Tompkins, a trusting young musician with aspirations of becoming a radio star, is installed in a fine set of offices in Reno by a quartet of "easy money" con artists who have bugged ... 
(62 min) Released 1937-07-12
Director: Marshall Neilan
Stars: Pinky Tomlin, Maxine Doyle, Aileen Pringle

Genres: Comedy | Musical | Romance
Watched online, quality very poor, partially because of bad internet today, and the site doesn't have a Cast function, so the streaming does double work: first to the laptop, then to the TV.

I can't believe I gave Pinky another chance, his 3rd at bat with me. This one has contentious Reno divorces, the Professional Listener, gangsters trying to steal a non-existent gold mine, blackmail and kidnapping. How the songs fit in, I don't know. I got lost and didn't want to retrace my steps. 

Conn Pictures Corporation, distr. Ambassador Pictures, dir. Neilan; 4-