Tuesday, January 8, 2019

The Curse of the Were-Rabbit (2005), 7+ {nm}

G | 1h 25min | Animation, Adventure, Comedy | 7 October 2005
Wallace and his loyal dog, Gromit, set out to discover the mystery behind the garden sabotage that plagues their village and threatens the annual giant vegetable growing contest.
Co-writers/Directors: Steve Box, Nick Park
Stars: Peter Sallis, Helena Bonham Carter, Ralph Fiennes.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0312004/

I remember watching the early W&G shorts (just ordered them on disc), and liking them. This is my first time seeing this film, and it's really Gromit that gets to me. He never speaks, but those eyebrows and other body poses/movements are incredibly expressive.

The story is good, with the whodunit revealing nicely. Terrific chase scene to climax things. I'd bet if I saw this on the big screen, my rating would be even higher because of the chase.

Rated 7.5 (113,003)

Dreamworks & more, dir. Box & Park; 7+