Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Corpse Bride (2005), 6-

PG | 1h 17min | Animation, Drama, Family | 23 September 2005
When a shy groom practices his wedding vows in the inadvertent presence of a deceased young woman, she rises from the grave assuming he has married her.
Directors: Tim Burton, Mike Johnson
Stars: Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter, Emily Watson.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0121164/
Watched online, good print, but dicey internet service.

7 songs in the Soundtracks, 5 Music and Lyrics by Danny Elfman with 3 of those having Additional Lyrics by John August.

I don't know why I'm supposed to care who or what this guy marries. We have a brief introduction to his arranged marriage, no knowledge of the characters, and he immediately makes this inadvertent unofficiated marriage. So I have to learn the rules of the dead marrying the living? I don't want to play.

I did doze off, and the dark monochrome images repelled my attention, so maybe it's better than I think. So I'll be generous, but skeptical.

Rated 7.4 (219,340)

Warner & more, dir. Burton & Johnson; 6-