Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Follies Girl (1943), 5

Add a Plot »
1h 12min | Comedy, Music | 26 June 1943
Director: William Rowland
Stars: Wendy Barrie, Doris Nolan, Gordon Oliver
Larry Ceballos ... choreographer

Watched online, mediocre print on small screen.

Usually when I run into a movie without a plot synopsis, I write one. I can't do that here. This did not catch my attention, so I don't know who and why they put on a show, but someone did, and someone paid money to do it, and it's going to get reviewed so it must not have been a purely amateur affair.

The host for this online print said this was of interest because some burlesque/vaudeville performers from the 20s are here. He didn't name names, so even that doesn't help.

Completely skippable. The only reason it's not a 4 is that it's not annoying enough. But it makes me happy that I'm finding very few of the 1943 musicals online.

William Rowland Productions, distr. PRC, dir. Rowland; 5