Saturday, February 24, 2018

Call of the South Seas (1944),

Add a Plot »
59min | Action, Comedy, Crime, Music, Romance | 7 April 1944
Director: John English
Stars: Janet Martin, Allan Lane, William Henry

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0036690/
watched online; very blurry, jumpy print.

Someone took the time to attach 5 genres to this, but not a plot summary? I would normally add one, but I can't follow the story AT ALL. Part of the problem is the bad print, and part is that I can't follow who's who because they're all unfamiliar to me. I'm not even going to try to describe what's going on.

Another weirdness: a lot of the interior settings are lit like they're filming a TV soap opera (I was going to specify a decade, but they haven't changed much.)

We get some nice Hawaiian style music and dancing (although no large groups), so that lifts it from a 4.

Republic, dir. English; 5-